Our Connecticut Attorneys Hold Physicians Accountable for Their Errors
Recovery for medical malpractice injuries in Stamford, Norwalk and other Connecticut communities
You trust your doctor to make you feel better. And, in fact, most doctors meet that high expectation. However, if your physician does not act to the same level as a similarly situated medical professional and you are injured as a result, you may have a valid medical malpractice claim.
The Pickel Law Firm, LLC concentrates on personal injury and medical malpractice litigation. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Connecticut have more than 65 years of combined experience helping patients injured by the negligence of doctors, nurses, hospitals and other medical professionals and facilities.
Doctors’ mistakes that can injure patients
A doctor’s mistake can leave you sicker than when you began your treatment. You may even require additional care to treat the injury or illness resulting from your physician’s negligence, such as.
- Misdiagnosis — in addition to receiving inadequate treatment for your actual medical condition, you may endure unnecessary treatments geared toward a disease you do not have and that may have detrimental effects on your health
- Delayed diagnosis — your doctor’s failure to timely and accurately diagnose your condition may result in delayed treatments that can limit your chances of recovery
- Surgical errors — whenever you submit to surgery, your life and health may be placed at risk if your doctors do not act carefully during your procedure
- Prescription mistakes — medication errors may occur when doctors fail to assess your risks factors and potential adverse drug interactions or when they carelessly scribble the type or dose of your medication on their script
- Spread of infection — only adequate sterilization of equipment, tools, hands, clothes and treatment surfaces can prevent the spread of infections between patients, including of drug resistant bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites
Collecting evidence of your doctor’s negligence
To build a case against your doctor, our lawyers consult with other renowned medical professionals who testify to the standard of care expected from a physician in a similar specialty. We also collect crucial evidence, such as photographs, doctors’ notes, diagnostic tests and witness testimony. Because of our thorough preparations, our attorneys are often able to reach settlements for your full and fair compensation. However, we pursue your rightful damages at trial if the doctors and their insurance companies refuse to cooperate on an equitable agreement.
Get the guidance you need from our dedicated Stamford lawyers to recover from your negligent doctor
For more information about your physician’s liability to you for damages, call The Pickel Law Firm, LLC at 888.246.5128 or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation. Our downtown Stamford law firm serves patients throughout Fairfield County. We make home and hospital visits if you are unable to come to our office and handle your case on contingency. Hablamos español.