Alan Scott Pickel Has 25 Years of Experience
Connecticut attorney dedicated to resolving family law and injury matters
Alan Scott Pickel founded The Pickel Law Firm, LLC in 2003 in Stamford and serves clients throughout Connecticut and New York. Alan has devoted his 25-year career to helping individuals who face challenging family law and personal injury matters. He is not afraid to fight the big corporations and to fight for your rights.
Dedicated attorney and court-appointed Special Master in family law courts
Because of his exceptional knowledge about family law matters and his professional courtroom demeanor, Alan is regularly appointed as a Special Master by judges in the Middletown Regional Custody Docket, in the Stamford-Norwalk jurisdiction, in Fairfield and in Bridgeport. In this quasi-judicial role, Alan guides couples toward resolution of high-conflict family law disputes, such as child custody, child support, spousal support/alimony and asset allocation.
His determination to reach successful family law outcomes is apparent whether he acts as Special Master appointed to your case or your advocate retained by you. In both functions, Alan puts your family first as he helps you through such difficult matters as high-asset divorce, child custody, child support, property division, alimony and prenuptial agreements.
Court-appointed Attorney Trial Referee, Arbitrator and Fact Finder
The Connecticut courts also regularly appoint Attorney Pickel as an Attorney Trial Referee, Arbitrator or Fact Finder. In these positions, Alan rules on disputes for the court system and issues binding orders on the parties.
Assertive personal injury representation
Alan’s sheer determination and extensive experience in litigating complex injury cases have enabled him to win six- and seven-figure awards for his clients in personal injury, medical malpractice and nursing home negligence cases. Alan assertively and aggressively pursues your claim, assisting you with any insurance-company issues you may encounter.
Because of his family law knowledge and sophisticated skills in resolving disputes, the Connecticut courts regularly appoint Attorney Alan Pickel as:
- Special Master at the regional family law custody docket in Middletown
- Special Master for the family docket in the judicial districts of Stamford-Norwalk and Fairfield in Bridgeport
- Attorney Trial Referee, Arbitrator and Fact Finder to decide disputes for the Connecticut court system
Consult with our experienced lawyer to resolve your Connecticut family law or personal injury matter
We are located in downtown Stamford close to the courthouse and are accessible by public transportation. Hablamos español. For assistance with your family law or personal injury case, call The Pickel Law Firm, LLC at 888.246.5128 or contact us online to schedule your consultation!
Areas of practice
- Connecticut, 1990
- New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1991
- J.D., cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York, 1990
- Honors: Andrews Scholar
- Law Review: Syracuse Law Review, associate editor, 1989–1990
- B.S., Syracuse University, 1987
- McGinty v. McGinty, 66 Conn.App. 35, 783 A.2d 1170 (2001)
- Tevolini v. Tevolini, 66 Conn.App. 16, 783 A2d 1157 (2001)
Professional associations and memberships
- Stamford Bar Association, member
- Norwalk Bar Association, member
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association, member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, executive committee
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section, member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Litigation Section, member
- New York State Bar Association, member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, member
- American Association for Justice, member
- Justinian Society, member
Court appointments and positions
- State of Connecticut Superior Court, special master, 1997–present
- State of Connecticut, Attorney trial referee, 2000–present
- State of Connecticut, fact finder/arbitrator, 2000–present